Friday, April 16, 2010

Freakin' Eskimos

ARENA DISTRICT - In the late 80's it was the Broncos over the Browns. Then there was the Giants, Redskins, Cowboys and Cowboys (I think) over the Bills (o-4, are you kidding me?) In the 90's it was the Avalanche over the Red Wings. Yankees and Red Sox have had many epic series.

Then there's the Eskimos and the Arrowhawks. Early on, all Hawks. Lately, not so much.

Those pesky Eskimos have done it again. They ousted the top-seeded Arrowhawks tonight after a hard-fought 2-1 overtime thriller. I have no idea what the game details were -- considering I was holding down the basement couch with my wife under one arm and a cooler of Labatts under the other -- but I did get this text from Tom Morgan after the game.

"Good game. We played well."

Says it all.

Except of course for the 'Freakin' Eskimos' part.

We'll post more details when they come in.