Friday, July 25, 2014

Hawks down Roosters 3-2 in thriller

LEWIS CENTER, OH - Wow, what a game. At least by old man C2 hockey standard. The Arrowhawks entered the night in first place with an 8-2 record and a league leading 18 goals against. The next best defensive team had given up 23 goals, five more than the Hawks for those of you who failed math. [editor note: I am typing this on my iPad with the digital keyboard while I sit outside at the fire pit. If there are spelling or grammar errors it is t my fault. The super moon has come and gone and there isn't enough light for me to be smart enough to spell check. And the damn buttons click every time I hit a key which drives me freak in batty.]

 And the second best team defensively was Roosters, the Hawks opponent tonight. [editor note 2: for the record, when I do editor notes, I am giving up on caps and proper English and punctuation. maybe its the post game beers kick in in or my brain reacting to the maddening clicks and burning feet from the fire, but I really do love Roosters. the restaurant. the team is good and we'll get to that, it the menu and food is great. by c2 hockey standards. my kind of joint.]

 3-2 come from behind victory from the Hawks. I was amazing. Had one decent play at the end of the game, thwarting #19 for the birds by annoying swatting the puck over the blue line to clear the zone with a minute to play but who's counting? Sure, Adam DePerro is a Duncan Keith clone and KVZ is like a terminator at a MIT robot competition, but in the end it's fat savages with unrelenting intestinal fortitude that save the day. I could wax poetic on the virtue of skilled dynamos like Bryan Wharton and Mark Monahan, but you haven't come here based on appreciation for  excellence. You want to hear about the common man like Rich Clingman, who was excellent in the third period when the game mattered, and Oleg 'I love spa days' Chetverikov, who had nothing to do with Justin Beiber's demise. Both players provided just enough thorn to prick the talented Roosters when it mattered. Oleg played both wing and defense, providing a needed jolt to the Hawks brilliant back end. [yes, I just typed that. I have muted this bitch so I don't hear the clicking. and for the record, I have only six mosquito bites, even though I have a bald head. so there's that.]hold on, I have to go steal more of my neighbors wood.

no that wasn't a euphemism.

back to hockey. brilliant game. even the refs commented about the brilliant skill on display. at one point the skinny one said, "that was a hell of a hockey play." but unfortunately it was Teddy Martin and his red helmet wearing ass that scored a dandy goal. I must not have been on the ice, because had I I would have done something magical. just saying.and no, I don't care about punctuation anymore. and no, Nick Lanctot didn't play tonight and yes, he is a hockey badass. though my bald head has a better shape.

 Speaking of hockey excellence, Kurt VonZychlin is a great player. like i used to be so many years ago. sure, he smells a little funny and his jokes arent ringers, but boy oh boy can he dangle. I'm glad I thought him so well.

the turning point in the game was when Roosters defenseman Mark Waterstreet took a game misconduct with 3 minutes left in the game. or maybe it was KVZ'S crazy amazingness as he split the Roosters D like a hot knife through butter and potted the game winner (both at same time). either way, great hockey game between two of the CAHL's best C2 teams.

one last thing. OK, two. #1: Rumor has it #19 for Roosters is a better dude off the ice than he is on. That's saying something because he is really good. #2: if you ever have to split the slats in your cedar fence to lift your neighbors wood for your fire, again no euphemism, expect splinters

.3 stars...
number three...
#19 for Roosters. Dude is good.#2: our goalie Shawn who was great and Adam DePerro who was a touch better than me. and number one star: KVZ who remembered everything Murph taught him, scoring two goals.


http://www.chillerstats.com/scoresheet.cfm?gameID=9C10A6ED-D5F1-4F14-6985F41617513257&ClientID=2&BSC=%2E%3F%2CB6R7%3A2HYV%3A%3F%5D%2A%5FO%5BT%20%0A

No comments:

Post a Comment