Monday, July 11, 2011

Double Ds stun Junior Bs

The Junior B Arrowhawks fell to the Double D's Sunday, 3-2 in an overtime shootout. The D's got 2 third period goals to come from behind and tie the game. The D's are currently in third place in the D West division and sport an impressive +14 goal differential on the season. The fact that Neil 'Rocket' Richard, Dave 'I still love Michigan' Mustafaga and Dan 'Let's go to Work" Turk were able to shock the skilled D's with two second period goals is impressive, but moral victories "went out the window in the 60's" according to Bill Miller.

"We are an amazing bunch of skaters and have really improved since we've added some fresh skill," said longtime Hawk Jeff 'Auggie' Augenstein. "It's great to skate with Kevin DesRoches again."

"The only thing I can tell you is it was great exercise and I had fun up until my last 3 shifts where I went minus 3. I went to the game in a bad mood and came home in a worse mood," said Dave Mustafaga, still reeling from the loss. " I’d like to forget about it. Thanks for asking though. How are you?"

After winning three of their first four, this is the fourth consecutive loss for the Junior B Hawks.

An email from Mustafaga provided the following: "Kevin can’t score he has the C player upper tier stigma, Jeffy the albatross is the leading scorer. Ok let me explain that one, Turk broke his ankle in game 4-ish or something (big bummer), he is a huge part of our offense. It would have looked real bad if no one passed him on stats when he is out for the season. My goal came on a backhand shot almost from the goal line, not the greatest angle, but I just throw em at the net and hope something good happens. We are having fun. We had a sub goalie last night he really was good, we must made him look bad in the last few minutes. We lost that game in the last 2.5 minutes of the third period. Goaltending is a lot work, those guys are usually pretty sweaty, they deserve a lot more credit, especially on our team."


If you've ever donned the pillows in practice or a game, the position AINT EASY! "This sucks. It's hot and I can't move," I once said after my 11-year old daughter scored many goals on me on our backyard rink.

"Someone will bust this slump. We'll determine the best candidate internally," said Dan Turk.

For a full box score, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment