Wednesday, September 16, 2009

5 Questions - Jason Jensen, G

This is is the first of a stellar new series on the blog, 5 questions with the Hawks. It's a brilliant concept that's never been tried before. All I can say is we're cutting edge here, bringing our faithful fans only the best journalistic coverage. The following questions were posed to 3-time league MVP and leading GAA netminder, Jason Jensen. Enjoy!

Q: Do you have a nemesis in the league? If so, who and what team? 
A: I usually have 10-12 at a time.  It's always fun playing against Peer and Cooper.  The Panthers goalie always makes for an interesting game as well.


Q: What is the most memorable save or game you can think of with the Hawks?   
A: The first ever as an Arrowhawk.  I was asked to sub in as a goalie for some random Friday night team, which turned out to be the Arrowhawks.  I was asked by Neil Richard, who was the current team captain.  We played the Clown Punchers and we lost 3-2.  I remember giving up the 3rd goal between my legs near the end of the game.  It was at the Ice Huas and I was on the zambo side of the rink. 


Q: If your wife told you that your gear stunk but not as much as your netminding, would you still be married? 
A: Of course, she's hott!  I may however shed a few tears during my next few games.  But then again, that's nothing new.


Q: Describe what you think of Mac Lawless’ ability to break up opposing odd-man rushes and whether his cross-face is overrated. 
A: That dude has monkey arms.  He can stand in the middle of the faceoff circles and reach both sets of boards almost at the same time.  He always hustles to get back to the defensive end.  Sometimes he does it so hard that he falls and becomes a low flying missile for me to attempt to hurdle.  It's cool though, it makes things way more interesting.  As for his face-washing skills- I love 'em!  It's no real secret that I get in a lot of trouble with my mouth and "active stick" sometimes.  It's nice knowing that there is a 6' 6" dude with monkey arms and smelly gloves just dying for the opportunity to smash down someone's nose...


Q: Favorite pre-game meal:  
A: I usually don't eat before a game.  The last meal of the day for me on Fridays is lunch around noon.  I just go out to lunch with whoever around the office is willing to go with me.  I try to drink a lot of water before the games.  I try to drink a lot of beer after the games.

No comments:

Post a Comment