Thursday, August 11, 2011

Four teams, one tee

The Arrowhawks, Maple Leafs, Whalers and Eskimos are the four remaining teams vying for the summer session title. The Freakin' Mo's are the defending champs and currently hold the tee shirt. Make no mistake, it's one nice tee-shirt.

"My shirt from 2006 is starting to get a little ragged," said Arrowhawk defenseman Chris Carpenter. "I'd really like to get my hands on another one. I tried to lift one out of the Eskimos locker room the other day but I think one of their guys wore it in the game as it was pretty drenched. I had just gotten out of the shower so I didn't take the risk. We'll just have to go the legit route and win two more games." he added.

"Martin is from the Check republic, right?" asked defenseman Mike Gauthier. "I'm sure they'll bring that Euro flair to one of these championship tees and I don't want to miss out on that."

Efforts to reach the league office were rebuffed by strong wind, an empty gas tank and the sudden urge for an empty bladder.

"I've seen Tom Morgan's championship tee from 2005 and it's not a pretty sight," said linemate and Arrowhawk captain Mark Monahan. "It appears he's used it to wax his car or clean a wood table. It smells like lemon pledge."

Morgan was incensed at the notion when told after Thursday's morning skate. "I'd never do that to my championship shirt," he snipped as he turned toward the locker room door.

2 comments:

  1. T-Shirts r no more, they have changed to hats

    ReplyDelete
  2. We got a nice polo shirt when we won our most recent title. I'm wearing it at work today.

    ReplyDelete