Friday, July 1, 2011

Whalers sitting pretty

As it stands now, the Whalers are the class of the league. At least according to the current CAHL C2 standings, they are. The Eskimos, Leafs and Arrowhawks will have something to say before it's all said and done, but right now they deserve the top spot.

"They've done a good job adding guys to round out their roster," said Arrowhawk utility man Chris Carpenter. "I used to be able to catch most their guys when I was caught out of position but now Gooch and I have to just watch them skate away. Reminds me when I was a kid and had to chase chickens for dinner. My dad would always tell me I needed faster change of direction -- guess he was right."

The Whalers have been stout defensively and limited opposing teams chances.

"I don't want to talk about it," said LW Tom Morgan, still hurting from last week's loss. "no comment. Damn refs."

Arrowhawk officials do not anticipate a fine from the league for Morgan's rant after the controversial no-goal from last week. The Whalers victory propelled them into the top spot in the division, dropping the Hawks to 3rd place.

"it won't matter if we can't beat Emily Moersdorf and the rest of CS Bank," said Oleg Chetverikov.

Right indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment