Monday, July 15, 2013

Summer recap

Blast this rain and humidity. I blame it for the inconsistent ice conditions and my lack of conditioning. Increased humidity means more moisture and more moisture means more sweat. Which means I have to drink more to stay hydrated and unfortunately beer just tastes better than water. Dehydrated hockey players aren't as effective and shit, my sump pump isn't working right. Not a metaphor. I may have to call Barry, the best plumber in the land to come fix it.

So our stellar hockey club of awesome hockey misfits has been misfiring of late. I attribute it to all the distractions the sun and solar system has thrown our way. I'd ask Terry for specifics, but he's been off on some Australian walkabout or something as he's not been around of late. Our hockey IQ has suffered. Either that, or it's all the awesome skill that's been thrown back at us each Friday.

The Freakin Eskimos dropped a 9-0 spot on us. Those pesky Mo's and their putrid yellow sweaters and the Kobbs boys are out of the gate fast, drilling teams into oblivion. Eric Ott has them playing well in both zones. They run offensive systems and actually skate together like a team. Throw in a great goaltender and they'll be tough to beat. 

No worries. Byrnes pub is brilliant in the defensive zone and the Ruckmoore Ringers are loaded without a bad skater on their club. If Bohland can screw his head on straight and stay out of the penalty box his team will be in good shape down the stretch. 

This session will be anyone's guess. My money is on the bankers though, with Rogers and company. Emily Moersdorf may get back from her fifty vacations in time to be the deciding factor -- whether in net or skating out.

I've got to go bail my basement. Shit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment